Peterboro Conservation is truly our flagship product and represents the best value in conservation matboards.
SOME KEY FACTS ABOUT PETERBORO CONSERVATION
1. The Core - We use high grade Alpha Cellulose as the main ingredient in our conservation core. Alpha Cellulose can be distilled from cotton or wood, the higher the Alpha Cellulose content the higher the purity of the board. We specify that PETERBORO CONSERVATION core must have more than 90% Alpha Cellulose, industry specifications call for no less then 84 %.
2. Chemical ingredients - The conservation quality of a mat can often be affected by the chemical impurities within its materials. For instance the level of iron and copper within the matboard can create tarnishing and discoloration of the mat while the sulphur content can raise acidic levels that attack both mat and artwork. In the manufacture of PETERBORO CONSERVATION we strictly control the level of chemical ingredients to ensure that they meet or exceed the Library of Congress and Fine Art Trade Guild standards for chemical composition.
3. Surface Paper - To reduce color fade and bleed PETERBORO CONSERVATION uses pigments for surface paper coloration. Our pigments are specified to meet or exceed the fade and bleed test requirements outlined by the Fine Art Trade Guild standards. Independent testing shows that PETERBORO CONSERVATION exceeds these requirements.
4. Backing Paper - Our backing paper is 100 % virgin fiber, buffered with calcium carbonate at a 3% minimum reserve, no optical brighteners, and a smooth finish with even coloration. Our backing paper meets or exceeds the standards as set out by both the Library of Congress and the Fine Art Trade Guild.
5. Quality - Independent QC benchmarking shows that PETERBORO CONSERVATON has one of the highest standards of consistent quality in the market.